Repair guides for Android cell phones manufactured by ALCATEL One Touch.

Why does my phone go straight to voicemail from local calls?

Phone working fine for a week, now goes straight to voicemail for any local call coming in. Tech states I should change my number to a local area code. I have never had an issue with my number in all the years owning a phone, only with switching over to straight talk.

Hi @dmax ,

Check the following:

1. Check the Call forwarding unconditional setting

Call Forwarding Unconditional (CFU) immediately forwards all calls to another phone number without allowing the device to ring.

From the Home screen, tap Phone > tap Menu > tap Settings > tap Call settings > tap Call Forwarding > tap Always Forward > disable

2. From the Home screen, tap Apps > tap People > tap the name of the desired contact > tap Menu > clear the All calls to voicemail check box.

This has been a problem! The T-Mobile store staff were baffled and not all that interested in helping. I was getting up in the morning, calling from a land line to see if my phone would ring. Sometimes (!) it didn't. I cycled it off/on to get it to ring and not go to voice mail. I've noticed store sales personnel are very eager to promise help, but usually don't deliver. Good luck learning a phone.

debbie maxwell will be eternally grateful.