The Kindle 4 has 4 models released September 28,2011.

Why does my Kindle keep restarting?

My Kindle just keeps restarting in the middle of my reading . The power button works fine it switches on and off when I want it to but it keeps turning on and off even when it's not in use and while using it and as a result I'm not able to read anything and the battery drains rapidly .

Is it a hardware or a software issue ?

I have this problem, too. And when it does come back on it’s several pages back from where I left off. It’s completly random; not a last save point or anything. It’s very frustrating

Most Helpful Answer

@ssa2311 @dwanemrod the rebooting and this “the battery drains rapidly “ would lead me to start this repair with a new battery. Here is a video that will help you with the replacement. The battery is available at multiple different places.

Hi Sagar, ''

In this case, the first one you needs to do a hard reboot. Then, hold the power button down for 30 secs even if it turns off or restarts. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds even if it turns off or restarts. If you are keeping hundreds of books on your Kindle you can delete many of them because they are stored in the Amazon Cloud.

Sagar Sadanand will be eternally grateful.