Repair and disassembly guides for Kenmore Microwaves.

131 Questions View all

E-11 error on display window

Kenmore microwave keeps beeping with an E-11 error on the window. What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Steven

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0

Comments:

Hi,

What is the model number of your microwave oven?

by

790.80353310 Kenmore microwave

by

Hi,

What happens if you remove the power, leave it off for about 5-10 minutes and then reconnect the power? Does it reset to normal or do you get the same error message again?

Apologies if you have already tried this.

by

When the error E-11 shows up I turn the breaker off over night and turn it back on the next morning. Once I program the time the microwave works again. The error shows up when I am cooking and the microwave fan is on. As soon as the error shows up the microwave keypad does not work anymore. I am assuming the steam that comes off the stove while I am cooking gets into the microwave control panel and shuts it done with the E-11 error.

by

Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

Hi,

If it doesn't occur when you are using the microwave oven and not the stovetop then from your description it seems that the humidity sensor may be faulty. ( Part # 28 click on Oven Cabinet) or perhaps it is doing what it was designed to do and protect the microwave in times of high humidity. If it only just started doing this and you have mostly always at some time had steam rising from the stove in the past then perhaps it may have become more "sensitive" and has at least not gone completely faulty and stopped you from using the microwave altogether.

Given the cost of the part and the lack of any information that I can find regarding fault codes, I am loathe to suggest that you find out if this is the case by ordering a new part. You may wish to contact Sears regarding their Returns/Cancellations policy as it might allow you to test the new part (before you install it) to check if it has the same "reading" as the old, which you will obviously have to remove first.

Removing it to test using an Ohmmeter (I don't know what the normal reading should be) might also not be too easy as it seems to be a difficult part to replace as the "degree of difficulty" in the repair is quite high (according to the part information page.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

Add your answer

scarpenello will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 7

Past 7 Days: 75

Past 30 Days: 187

All Time: 416