Small media streaming device that plugs directly into your TV's HDMI port. Originally released by Amazon in November 2014. The latest version comes with a voice-activated remote.

Why won't my fire stick turn on

I was playing fire stick getting ready to watch a movie then it just went to "no signal" internet is connected,remote works,I've unplugged it from the tv and power source for about 5 minutes and it still won't turn on..I'm getting so frustrated please someone help me to get my fire stick to turn on..

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

I had the same issue. I called Amazon and they provided me with the following suggestion that worked.

Keep your tv on and unplug the tv from the wall. Hold the power button for 30 seconds (while the tv is on and unplugged from the wall). After 30 seconds replug the tv and turn it back on. Go to the fire stick input channel and it should be working.

This worked for me, thank you.

Thank you so much, I was ready to throw the TV out the window. I have 2 fire sticks and my husbands one is working fine, I go to use mine and it doesn’t want to do jack .... so I replaced the batteries 3 times changed HDMI PORTS and CABLES it still wouldn’t come on so I found this site and thank God you posted what you did.

I can't believe this worked. I thought all hope was lost. Thank you.

Totally worked for me thanks. Was about to theirs away the sick

Excellent, been trying for hours with all the other solutions - this one finally worked!

You idiots state the obvious don't u think I've already unplugged the %#*@ thing an tried resetting with remote if I came here telling u it won't power on …omfg u %#*@ people are idiots..the &&^&^$^ stick is not pouring on with its original power source an cable nor the one that's on my working firestick on my other tv …does that narow it down genius

I tried everything I could think of is things a piece of $@$* I recommend no babe I want these junk &&^&^$^ things

You might want to try your Amazon Fire Stick in another device. It could be that the HDMI port that it was plugged into could have gone bad.

Try it in another device that you have access to that has an HDMI port on it. And change out the charging cable with another one that you know works. Pinning down problems with an electronic device sometimes takes some extra "creative work arounds".

If all else fails, I'd contact Amazon support for Amazon Devices. Hope you get your Fire Stick working again!

For anyone else experiencing this issue, it could also be the resolution the TV is set to. On the remote press the 'up' and 'rewind' buttons at the same time for 5 seconds to cycle through the different resolutions.

Amazon Fire TV Troubleshooting

Try to restart your device : Disconnect the power cord from the back of the device or from the power outlet, then plug it back in.

He already did five times, you think the sixth is gonna work?

I have 3 firesticks one for each tv. All work fine, never had any trouble. I bought an 4k to have the latest product. This is crap. Can i return for a refund? Where do i send it. I dont need it because it does not work.

Firestick will not come on. It says net work disconnected.

Dark Knight, no need to be a jerk when people are trying to help you. Call Amazon instead of querying here.

My mother in law has bought a firestick, it works on both TVs in our house, both TVs in her mother’s house.. but won’t work on her tv.. I’ve tried both hdmi1 and hdmi2, tried using a couple of different cables and plugs but nothing… anyone got any ideas?

her tv is a digiholme one with build on Netflix..

My fire stick does nothing. Tv screen shows no video and I have tried unplugging the fire stick and holding the select button and rewind at the same time and still nothing anybody have any ideals

new firestick…will not come on until i unplug it and restart….should i return it?? i have tried different hdmi port..no results..i have had firesticks on this same tv and they have worked in the past…this is a brand new firestick I just purchased…pain to have to unplug it each time..any ideas

If you’re tried to:

(I’m assuming that you have an Amazon account and that you’ve REGISTERED and activated your Fire Stick)

1) Reset it to factory defaults

2) Tried another “power cable” to see if the one you’re using is defective

3) If you’re using the HDMI “dongle adapter”, remove it and try to plug the Fire Stick directly

into the HDMI port.

4) Failing everything else, I’d contact Amazon Support and see if they can get you up and running.

After all, those folks deal with those all day long and might have some “tips/tricks” that no one has mentioned online.

I’m sincerely sorry that it’s giving you grief, “electronic frustration” is one of the most aggravating situations with which to deal……..

Thank you, I was about to buy a new tv and or fire stick.

Help watching a movie and turned the TV off. When I woke back up to finish watching it it was a blank screen and just the HDM1 is showing

Danielle will be eternally grateful.