Small media streaming device that plugs directly into your TV's HDMI port. Originally released by Amazon in November 2014. The latest version comes with a voice-activated remote.

Why won't my fire stick turn on

I was playing fire stick getting ready to watch a movie then it just went to "no signal" internet is connected,remote works,I've unplugged it from the tv and power source for about 5 minutes and it still won't turn on..I'm getting so frustrated please someone help me to get my fire stick to turn on..

My fire stick is getting stuck with Amazon logo & I have checked with other HDMI port,other cable,adaptor.Nothing works rite .Advise now .

i examine your problem and now i suggest you to read this blog for more help:https://www.firesticksolutions.com/fires...

Wow! This worked for me too. When I plugged my TV back in it automatically came on. That’s the only difference between what the poster did and what I had to do

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

I had the same issue. I called Amazon and they provided me with the following suggestion that worked.

Keep your tv on and unplug the tv from the wall. Hold the power button for 30 seconds (while the tv is on and unplugged from the wall). After 30 seconds replug the tv and turn it back on. Go to the fire stick input channel and it should be working.

This worked for me, thank you.

Thank you so much, I was ready to throw the TV out the window. I have 2 fire sticks and my husbands one is working fine, I go to use mine and it doesn’t want to do jack .... so I replaced the batteries 3 times changed HDMI PORTS and CABLES it still wouldn’t come on so I found this site and thank God you posted what you did.

I can't believe this worked. I thought all hope was lost. Thank you.

Totally worked for me thanks. Was about to theirs away the sick

Excellent, been trying for hours with all the other solutions - this one finally worked!

You might want to try your Amazon Fire Stick in another device. It could be that the HDMI port that it was plugged into could have gone bad.

Try it in another device that you have access to that has an HDMI port on it. And change out the charging cable with another one that you know works. Pinning down problems with an electronic device sometimes takes some extra "creative work arounds".

If all else fails, I'd contact Amazon support for Amazon Devices. Hope you get your Fire Stick working again!

It worked for mine it resets hdmi ports

For anyone else experiencing this issue, it could also be the resolution the TV is set to. On the remote press the 'up' and 'rewind' buttons at the same time for 5 seconds to cycle through the different resolutions.

Amazon Fire TV Troubleshooting

Was just experiencing the same problem. I finally figured out my power adapter had gone out. Swapped it with the one I charge my phone with and viola. Powered right up. I thought maybe the dongle adapter had gone out because that happened to a friend of mine so I think that’s a common problem as well.

After I contacted Amazon a 2nd time (after receiving a new firestick and that one didn’t work), the customer service figured it was the power cord.

Try to restart your device : Disconnect the power cord from the back of the device or from the power outlet, then plug it back in.

He already did five times, you think the sixth is gonna work?

I have 3 firesticks one for each tv. All work fine, never had any trouble. I bought an 4k to have the latest product. This is crap. Can i return for a refund? Where do i send it. I dont need it because it does not work.

Why are you asking that on here? Did you buy it on this website?

If you’re tried to:

(I’m assuming that you have an Amazon account and that you’ve REGISTERED and activated your Fire Stick)

1) Reset it to factory defaults

2) Tried another “power cable” to see if the one you’re using is defective

3) If you’re using the HDMI “dongle adapter”, remove it and try to plug the Fire Stick directly

into the HDMI port.

4) Failing everything else, I’d contact Amazon Support and see if they can get you up and running.

After all, those folks deal with those all day long and might have some “tips/tricks” that no one has mentioned online.

I’m sincerely sorry that it’s giving you grief, “electronic frustration” is one of the most aggravating situations with which to deal……..

This isn't Amazon.

My fire tv failed about a month after the window of being able to return it for a replacement. I tried using a different tv, different power cord, and everything outlined above. No matter what I did all I got was “no signal” on my tv. Eventually, I decided to take it apart and I heated it up with a hair dryer for 5 - 10 minutes or so till it was good and hot. Then let it cool down. Plugged it in, and it works fine again. Hope this helps someone else as a last resort.

Mine actually already runs hot. I think that's a part of the problem.

This worked for me thank you very much

It worked!!!! I can’t believe this worked!!!! You rock!!!

Danielle will be eternally grateful.