Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

Samsung tv won’t turn on. The standby light flashes 5xs

My Samsung tv won’t turn on . The stand by light flashes 5xs and I then hear a faint click. I have taken off the back of the tv and none of the capacitors are bulging. I disconnected the main board from the power board and plugged it in and could see light coming through the screws. I am assuming that this means the power board is good. Should I try replacing the main board? The model # UN65JU670DFXZA.

I unplugged the T-con from the main board and it lights up. Do I need to replace the T-con board?

Hi there I have a similar issue I think with my tv... model number UN55D6500VFXZC ... standby light is on and working, try to turn tv on and standby light flashed 5 or so times and the I hear a click.... it’s like it’s stuck in this cycle of the standby light flashing and the faint click... unplug tv (which is plugged into a surge protected power bar) and tv will actually continue to have the standby light and faint clicking will continue for about 30 seconds to a min even when completely unplugged. Anyone have any suggestions???

I replaced the t-con board $60 and works like a charm. When I unplugged the power board ( brown largest board) from the main board( green board) I could see light in screw holes. Letting me know the power board was most likely not the problem. Then reconnected power board and main board and unconnected the T-con board ( has protective metal plate over it located in the center bottom) from main board. Lights showed in holes on back of tv. Letting me know main board was most likely not the problem. I order from amazon but shop jimmy has a great deal all three boards for $99. Then you cover all you bases. I hope this helps someone. I knew nothing about TVs so if I can do this anyone can.

I just had warranty and tech said no lights at all grabbed the Main board & all good - took back old board & unused Power board - parts shipped were from Shop Jimmy $2 difference buying both boats I felt like repairman should have put both in or left it & watched would reccomend anybody doing this before giving up I was told cost would ha e been $349 parts & service

Most Helpful Answer

@michellerichins you did not tell us what model your Samsung actually is. This will be important information to have to see if we can assist you with your repair. The 5 blinks are not very informative since this is simply a general no power /signal fault. It is important to check the caps (specially on a Samsung) but even failed caps may look normal. You will have to check the connector and test points for the proper voltages. The clicking you hear is most likely one of the relays that turn the TV off to protect it's circuits. Since you removed the back, post some images of all of your boards as well as the total layout so we can see what you see. Use this guide Adding images to an existing question for that. Once you do that, unplug the T-con board. This is the other major board connected to the main board. See if that changes anything. Also, check the fuses on the T-con board, power board and main board for continuity. You will need a multimeter to check this TV.

The fuse on the T-con board is partially covered by the large heatsink.

Of course if you are more comfortable with exchanging the board itself, that is a possibility as well. You can get that from places like this and many others.

I have added an image. I do not see any fuses on the main board or on the T-con

The image of the T-con board is similar to mine, but not exact. I have already tried replacing the main board and that did not fix the issue. I am ordering the T-con board. I am confused though because the symptoms don’t indicate a t-con failure. Any suggestions? Thank you for all your help.

Took it to the trash and bought a Sony.

Both of my Samsung TVs that I bought worked just fine and as expected. One of them is having the power on issue but it's the one that I used for many thousands of hours gaming, video rendering, movie watchings, playing YouTube music all night while I slept, Etc. Therefore, somebody coming on here and just saying take it to the trash and buy a Sony is just pretty idiotic. Samsung TVs are some of the best out there. The picture is very clear in both my 6000 and 7000 series uhd TVs. I don't really do repairs on my own so is it just worth it to buy a new TV or try to get this thing fixed? I mean UHD TVs right now are cheap so you know? What do you guys suggest?

Stop your bed wetting you cry baby ##&&% Sony for life fu $&!*

Little $&!* dick eater

Branndan you projecting?

Michelle will be eternally grateful.