The Asus X555L is a low budget laptop that came out in May of 2015. The model depicted in these guides is X555LA-SI305041, an Intel Core i3 laptop designed to be affordable for consumers. Similar model numbers: X555LB, X555LD, X555LF, X555LI, X555LJ, X555LN, and X555LP

LED backlight issue: no backlight on battery. Backlight works on adapt

Hello, diagnosing a strange issue here. Laptop works fine plugged in. When disconnected from ac adapter the laptop works but the screen goes very dark as in the backlight just quits. System still works fine. Connect the adapter back and the backlight Comes on. Tried all windows settings but this issue happens in bios as well. The only thing I can think of is the battery is at fault as I read that in dell XPS series the backlight power is fed straight from the battery. Currently waiting for a new battery. Anyone else have similar issue?

I have the same issue with my ASUS X555LA. I have tried reinstalling drivers, changing the power modes and even went as far as doing a factory reset on the Laptop. Issue still remains...

Hi, I’ve the exact same problem on this model, I’ve replaced the battery but nothing changed.

It seems that several person are experiencing the same issue and suggest to change the screen.

Did you managed to solve the problem ?

Thanks in advance for your help or anyone else’s

Apple Watch Kits

Screen and battery repairs just got easier.

Apple Watch Kits

It’s not the battery issue or the software. It’s the main bord if the display, very common issue with Asus and Acer Touch Screen Display. If you want to fix this you have to replace the diode and the coil from the display main board. Some times the led driver IC or the resistor from the IC

muhammad sarwar will be eternally grateful.