Released September 22, 2017. Model A1863, A1905. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / gold, silver, and space gray.

Is iPhone 8 home button replaceable?

Hi, my iphone8 home button is crack, if i replace the home button, will the touch id still work? Already go to the service center, they said i have to exchange the unit.

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Most Helpful Answer

The Home Button is matched to the logic board so you cannot change it and retain Touch ID functionality. Additionally, starting with the iPhone 7 & up, the Home Button no longer as a mechanical actuator so you cannot even replace the HB with an aftermarket one because it will not do anything. Unfortunately, only Apple can repair this.

I see, if i change the HB with aftermarket, i can still use the phone as usual but no touch id.

If i want touch id works, i have to bring to apple?

An aftermarket HB will not have "click" function either...it's strictly cosmetic. Only Apple can replace your Home Button.

unfortunately, apple service center here in indonesia suggest me to exchange the unit with the price more than half price of the iphone.

Thanks for the reply

eisenmann511 will be eternally grateful.