Sony Xperia X Compact was released in September 2016. It was designed with a 23MP Rear Camera and 5MP Front Camera. With 4.6 inches size, it has 129 x 65 x 9.5 mm (5.08 x 2.56 x 0.37 in) dimensions, and weight 135 g (4.76 oz).

Why did my phone stop reading my sim card?

Phone was working fine, until one day it stopped loading apps that used data. I decided to restart the phone by powering it off and turning it back on. The result of this, was it stopped reading my SIM card. I have tried software repair with Sony Companion and nothing has worked (doing the software repair also did a factory reset in the process).

Could be possible, but I did not expose it to any moisture prior to it happening.

I did try to clean it, based on my type of phone I was told that the sim is attached to the motherboard... And to fix the sim reader there is a small success rate when doing this repair. So I am hesitant to do this type or repair.

Most Helpful Answer

hi

I assume you've tried other SIM cards and have confirmed none of them works in the device. and that you have tried cleaning the SIM terminals.

has this been water damaged in the past? (or has moisture or small amount of water seeped into the internals - i have recently repaired a samsung S3 with the same issue and found it was due to water damage)

When you power on the phone, does it say NO SIM INSTALLED or does it recognise that there is a sim card in the phone? Usually on the top right there is a sim logo with a line through it stating that the sim is not recognised.

The sim card reader will only be faulty if the device fails to read the sim card altogether and if the slot has been physically damaged

It does have a line through it. However, at the moment it doesn't have a sim in it. When it's s in it doesn't show any bars showing where that icon is.

So when the sim card is inserted, does the 'sim logo with the line through it' symbol disappear?

It does and it changes to the bars symbol. But instead of bars, it is just an empty triangle.

OK this means that your sim card reader is fine, have you checked the IMEI number to see if the device may have been blacklisted? If it comes back clean, then it could either be a SOFTWARE issue, or a more complex hardware related problem which may not be worth persuing due to costs involved (such as a replacement motherboard)

LUIS DANIEL CUEVAS will be eternally grateful.