Gaming laptop released in 2014 with an Nvidia 860M graphics card and a 15.6" display. Updated in 2015 with 960M graphics.

When I hold the power button only the fans turn on

I unscrewed the the bottom of the laptop to dust it off and when I screwed it back the laptop won't turn on except for the fans

Did you ever find a solution to this? I just ran into the same issue

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

What did you use to dust it off? Canned air can cause liquid damage, compressed air can have water in the line or be too strong. A vacuum can give of a static discharge. I use an electric blower, and a tooth brush.

Also try unplugging the laptop and removing the battery and holding the power button down to discharge the electricity.

I used a feather duster to dust off the whole thing and a toothbrush for the fans

did you ever find a solution to this? I just ran into the exact issue without even taking it apart to clean out

i fixed it by unplugging the battery and then re-plugging it again. you're gonna have to unscrew the bottom of the laptop to do that.

abdulaziz Al.qefary will be eternally grateful.