Water Damaged iPhone 6, can I get my photos back

This morning i dropped my iphone 6 in the toilet for about three seconds. It was completely submerged, but I got it out quickly. It sat in rice for about 5 hours. When I dropped it, the battery was at 1%. I tried turning it on after I dropped it, and it worked fine, however the screen did not look very good. However, I took it out again just to charge it for a little bit so it would not die, but when i did so, it was completely dead. I tried plugging it in but it didnt charge at all. The apple sign did not come up either. I gave it more than enough time to just charge it up. Boxing day is two days away so I will most likely get a new phone anyways. I just would like to have my pictures back. I have many vacation pics and would not like to see them gone. Is there any way I can retrieve them? All i care about are the pictures.

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

With water damage, you have to decontaminate the logic board before doing anything else. Not every water-damaged phone is data recoverable and depending on the kind of liquid (salty, dirty, filthy), sometimes the success rate is quite low.

Here is what you need to do:

• Open your phone and remove the logic board (follow this guide)
  • Inspect the logic board, especially around the connectors and look for corrosion.
  • Inspect both sides of the board. Unfortunately, most of the board is covered in shields. That's usually where the damage is occurring.
  • Put your board in a container with >90% isopropyl alcohol and let it sit for a while.
  • Use a soft brush, like a toothbrush and lightly brush away any corrosion you see.
  • Rinse in alcohol and repeat.
  • Let it air dry for a day.
  • Re-assemble and hope for the best.

You should also replace the battery if it has swollen. Resist the temptation to pop it to let the gas out. A compromised Li-ion battery is a fire hazard. If the device appears to power up but behaves erratically, then use a tool like 3uTools to flash the firmware as it may be corrupted.

A professional repair shop that does water damage repair may be able to recover your data because they have access to pro-level ultrasonic baths and specialized cleaners as well as the skills to troubleshoot your board. Many shops have a no data/no fee policy so you don't have to spend money to find out if the phone is fixable or not.

hmc will be eternally grateful.