Skip to main content

The Officejet is HP's line of office inkjet printers.

303 Questions View all

Curious about what a part does

I was just tearing down this old HP printer because i got a new better one, and I came across something strange. It looks like a piece of metal with a slit cut into it for the wire. This wire wen't to the display panel/buttons. And on a note, this object was slightly ferrous. It was weak though.

Block Image

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

Most Helpful Answer

Hi @parzival ,

Just guessing, but since the cable seems to be passing through it it may be a type of ferrite choke designed to filter the EMI effects on the wires going to the display panel. (like what is found on better video cables connecting a monitor to a PC etc)

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1


I could see that. After going deeper, it was on EVERY ribbon cable in the printer. And i could especially see that because there are at lest 3-4 motors in this printer.


Add a comment

Add your answer

Kevin will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 22