The Xbox One Model 1698 Wireless Controller was released by Microsoft in 2015 alongside Model 1697. It has more features than a basic controller, such as, removable thumbsticks and metal D-Pad buttons. The controller is primarily designed for use on a console, but it can also be used as a PC controller.

Replacement transistor (304) on pins U11 & C37

I've replaced the left analogue stick potentiometer, but in doing so have damaged the transistor that's soldered nearby on pins U11 and C37. I tried a replacement transistor, but the controller inputs seem to be cutting out (pressing and holding a button results in the system believing it's a rapid tapping).

Does anyone know the correct spec part for replacing this transistor?

It’s on the back of the main board, next to the pins for the left stick potentiometer (circled in blue).

Did you ever figure out what C37 is? I read below that U11 is a hall effect sensor, but what about C37? I was an idiot and accidentally lost it in the carpet.... So I'm afraid of what might happen if I don't replace it :(

Was the replacement capacitor the same as the old one?

If it was, it sounds like you could have damaged something else, or something else was already damaged. You should try looking at everything else, especially the area you worked to see if anything is missing or damaged.

I looked around, and the 304 part should be where it is, but it isnt a capacitor, but rather a transistor or diode. Im not sure which, but it isnt a capacitor.

I used a transistor that looked similar (best guess!) but it must not have been right. I can’t seem to find any documentation saying exactly what the part is, so I was wondering if anyone here knew exactly what is needed...

Ok. Could you add an image of where it is?

I’ve updated the original question with an image :)

Was it the thing with 3 pins? If it is, thats a transistor, not a capacitor

You are absolutely right. I've updated the question text.

Yes thats actually a problem as this part is not a transistor it is a hall effect sensor. Mircrosoft went full retard on this as they have replaced the old analog triggers with magnets and the sensor. If the output of this is pulled towards ground with the hall sensor the controller realizes that. To have higher efficency it is powered by a PWM signal so that might explain why your controller just spams the trigger now. If you need more help or something i said is wrong just let me know.

Mike Armstrong will be eternally grateful.