The Ford Explorer and the Mercury Mountaineer were both updated for the 2006 model year on a new frame, produced by Magna International rather than Tower Automotive.

Why is my ABS locking up

When my ABS system is connected and my abs fuse is in I can’t go over 5 mph without it locking up, my abs light is on with a wrench symbol. What would cause this? If I disconnect the abs and take the fuse out the vehicle drives fine.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

It is possible that you have a sensor that is faulted out or the abs module is bad and needs replaced. If you remove the fuse, you cut the power to the abs system which will not make the abs system in use when you need to break hard. My best opionion because this is part of a safety system for a vehicle, you need to take it to your local Ford repair shop and have them to run a diagnostic on it.

I found this from another forum from Ford. This might help you out. Just remember, you will still have brakes, just no ABS when you have to brake hard.

https://www.justanswer.com/ford/4ilso-fo...

There is a pinpoint test in there that might help you figuring it out.

Tara Crane will be eternally grateful.