Released July 2016, identified by model number A2017U

Why is half of my screen not viewable due to static screen?

Half of my phone screen is static (hope I described that the right way) wish I could add a picture of the problem..

The entire screen still respond to touch but because of the staitc I can only see half of the content on the screen.

All of the other functions of the phone work properly.

I think the cause of the problem I due to the phone overheating while I was multi tasking, I admit I pushed the phone to it's limits.

I love my Axon 7, can someone please help me get it work back properly?

Use this guide Adding images to an existing question to post images of your dispaly with your question. that way we can see what you see.

Most Helpful Answer

Hold your phone upright with the screen facing you. Pinch the right side of the phone up and down, you may or may not hear or feel a click. your display should now be working.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I've had the same issue as OP and I was already super annoyed but this fixed it. I love you

Thank you so much my friend save me a new phone ..business moves money..and stress wish god to bless thank u once again

the screen connector at the back of the phone is loose

I have the same issue but I got it after dropping my phone on my foot and bouncing off itt to a wooden floor.

Does ifixit have a toolset or whatever to open and reconnect the screenconnector thingamajig?

Rolando Thompson use this video to work on your phone. It could be a bad connector but ultimately it sounds like a bad LCD.

Hi, I dropped my phone earlier and half the screen became static but every phone function was fine. However, after doing the hold right part method the static disappeared. which seems great but now my touch screen is completely unresponsive.

EDIT: I have now tried wiping the cache partition, as well as a factory reset, but both to no avail, screen does not work as of now

God ! Thank you so much ! It works :)

Rolando Thompson will be eternally grateful.