Model CUH-ZCT1. Released in November 2013 by Sony Computer Entertainment, this six-axis, 3.7 V lithium ion battery controller is uncomplicated to repair.

Controller wont charge or power on

I'm trying to fix my friends Dualshock 4 but I can't seem to figure out the issue. I've never tried to fix a Dualschock controller so I could just be missing something.

The controller will not charge at all (light bar wont turn on either). I have replaced the battery and the USB charging port alongside with the ribbon that connects the port to the board. Nothing happened when I replaced the battery, but after replacing the USB port I noticed that the controller circuit board was getting hotter when I had the USB plugged in. Although, the controller still wont charge or turn on.

I was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions on what the issue and fix could be.

Thanks,

Hi Trevor,

This troubleshooting wiki might give you some suggestions on what else to try. It looks like replacing the USB charging port is a last-resort thing to try, and it sounds like it may have made things more complicated for you.

As always, good luck!

Maybe you have the same issue is my controller where the Touchpad makes the controller unusable? And disconnect the Touchpad makes it work again.

DualShock 4 seams death when Touchpad is connected

Trevor Corbin will be eternally grateful.