A portable Bluetooth speaker manufactured by Ultimate Ears.

UE Megaboom will not charge (light still flashing)

I haven't used the Megaboom for 6 months, took it out of storage and used it for the last couple of days while I was working outside (still had battery that lasted two days). Once it went flat, I plugged it in to charge overnight, the white light was flashing as normal. In the morning, I tried to turn it on and it said "Critical battery, please charge". While charging, if I try to turn it on, it just says "Charging, please wait". It still won't work no matter how long I leave it charging, though the white light is still flashing as normal. Is the battery toast? I did use it outside on a day with a lot of fog

67 Comments

for me it was the plus buttom... thanks for the solution

I can’t get the white light to turn on at all and all it tells me is “critical battery, please charge. I put it in the fridge last night, I have pushed the minus and plus either one at a time with the power button as well as both at the same time. Still.....”critical battery, please charge”!!! Ughhh! It’s not even a year old. HELP PLEASE! Thank you!

Issue I'm having is I plug it in to charge an my light comes on an starts blinking likes it charging an it gives me a message about having critical low battery then after a few seconds the light goes out an it never charges. Anyone have this

Mine too!!! I cant get it to actually charge :(

That's what I'm dealing with now, out of the blue. It sat out in the sun for a bit this morning and I'm terrified I overheated and fried the battery

Same problem. Red light keeps flashing and wont seem to charge.

Hold down the VOL DOWN button and the POWER button for a few seconds until you hear a sound. Then turn it back on.

All fixed! Worked a treat for me :)

43 Comments:

If not for this fix; I was about to embark on my own electrical mindset, that is very limited in patience! THANK YOU so much for this quick and easy FIX!

Gby

Worked! Thanks!!

so im trying everything......just now put it in the fridge.......not sure what that will do, however when i have tried to charge by pressing VOL up n down, sometimes it states that its critical, charge, and repeats, at another time i press same buttons and quickly it states charging, however goes quickly back to critical message.......

Worked! Thanks. Too bad this tip is not easily accessible in the assistance and FAQ.

mine is still not working, the white charging small led is not flashing at all but until now it worked perfectly. I restarted it and did all the process and it’s the same, and I am using the original adaptor and cable to charge it. :(

My speaker did this. I was able to fix it by resetting the speaker.

Plug it in, and let it charge for a while, just to make sure it has really does have a charge (like half an hour, minimum).

Then hold down the minus button, and the power button for about twelve seconds, until you get a beep.

That's all it took for the speaker to start up correctly.

After that, I did have to forget the blue tooth device, and reconnect new. I don't know if that is part of the process.

21 Comments:

I never would have thought of combining those steps. Thanks so much! It's charging now!

Worked perfectly on my ue roll. Awesome. Saved me buying new speakers!

Omg thank you so much!!! This worked for me to!!! I am so happy right now!!!

thank you, the addition of forgetting my UE roll helped also,

This worked to fix my speaker! Thank you!!

I was sitting here so mad I couldn’t get it to charge, did these steps and went from 5% and won’t turn on to 46% and listening to music! :D

See this document https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/...

(because otherwise you won’t believe me).

1. Plug and unplug power cable 25-30 times, until the power light flashes.
  2. Leave to charge for a few hours
  3. Meanwhile, put Ultimate Ears app on your phone.
  4. Unplug from power, switch on with button on top of Boom unit. Quickly connect with Bluetooth to your phone.
  5. Open UE app, which will prompt an urgent firmware upgrade. Download and install the upgrade (does this automatically).
  6. Never let it get to 0% battery charge again.

I finally fixed mine.This is what I did I tried all the reset methods didn’t work ordered a new battery didn’t work put in the fridge still didn’t work was ready to finally call it a loss and decided to look at all the soldering on the boards they all looked good except the small one on the edge underneath the glue like material it had some white powdery stuff on it like when you leave a battery in something for too long so I grabbed a tooth pick and got it all off plugged it in and it started blinking

3 Comments:

Power cable in and power on. Turn upside down. Sharp tap on hard surface. Sorted. May be dodgy connect to battery.

Still not working, blinking red light appears

I know it only likes to be charged by the wire and block that it came with

Reuben M will be eternally grateful.