The Nissan Altima is a mid-size automobile manufactured by Nissan, and is arguably a continuation of the Nissan Bluebird line, which began in 1957.

Won’t go over 2rpm

My 2006 Nissan Altima won’t accelerate over 2RPM, when it goes above that it starts jerking, almost feels like it’s choking. I just changed the Camshaft Sensor because it wouldn’t accelerate when I pressed the gas pedal at all. It now goes, but only until it reaches about 21/2 Rpms. It has a new MAF sensor and just replaced the throttle body sensor. Please help I don’t know what else it could be. I’ve recently learned about something called fail safe mode? Could that be my problem? If so, how do I fix that??

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

I would like to know why my nessan quest is smoothering down and fluddering out at opeerating tempture

#

Why can't I get a answer or do you knot know

If you don't know the answer my queestion just tell me

Try researching on nissan forums...if you have cleared the codes and gone through the possible usual culprits i suspect it could be a clogged catalytic converter...read this link....

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/quest/112...

2003 murano revs up in park but wont when put into drive or reverse. what do you think it may be?

It sounds like your car is in "limp" mode...that is to say it will drive but not accelerate nor go above 30 mph.

This is to protect the engine from further damage....long enough for you to get to a garage.You could try buying a OBD reset plug that clears all the fault codes and see if it runs properly or returns to limp mode.If it does then you need to have the codes read by a garage to pinpoint the problem...before it causes even more problems.Usually sensors are to blame , lambda...electronic throttles...intermittent connections.

I had a ford maverick do this and eventually discovered the throttle was electronic and a few hard blips on the throttle linkage with the engine switched off freed the problem and the limp mode disappeared.

Mine is a 03 altima ...it was running fine then it would just die and would have to be re started .except if on the hwy at speed the engine would restart itself ...today though it died and i didnt realize it not being in the drivers seat .it was out front of a freinds running with air cond running .when i returned it had died and needed a jump ..upon getting home it ran fime but when i started it 2 hours later it drove 3 blocks and died again but this time it wont go over. 200rpm. It stutters then dies then restarts easily but has no rpm . i caint figure it out please. Help me. I need this car to continously. Get to my cardiologist ..heart specialists.

Also it sends no code to my obd II. Reader because of the dead battery earlier. How do i get it to reproduce a code when it wont stay running ?

Bro I have the answer I have a 2012 Nissan Ultima my CT transmission fluid they say was low or that was the problem because it was screaming real world specially during the summer times it was screaming that I can hear from the inside of my car with the windows rolled up in the AC would be on it would hit that thing up it would scream then it started jerking like yours he did that for about six months stop the car then chill for a little and I could take off and do it again so he did it another time and I decided I would change up the spark plugs I change the spark plugs fixed it for about a month and a half then it started jerking again so now I go and check the spark plugs again come to find out once loser I kind a got up and I am in Greece this time work find a nanny for about 23 weeks then he started jerking on again jerking on me again this time I’m afraid because when I’m stopping to cool off normally it gets good and goes again this time and didn’t I’m 40 miles away from work or away from home at work and I’m like what do I do I want to go to RPMs and not as fast as the car allowed me to go I went home I made it actually at two RPM so I was able to get TopSpeed 40 miles an hour That is all the RPMs will allow me to go top speeds 40 now I’m worried next time song I have my niece my transmission screaming at me my car is jerking I feel as though the radiator fans are coming on anymore because I’m thinking the car is getting hot and it just no heat in my car so bad and on my gauges probably not working on think he died got busted blocks because the car is overheating and is not telling me I’m going through a world of hurt Because now I’m thinking I’m gonna be have the screening $5000 to change my transmission and dad telling what else is wrong with it I have the answer to your problem and it’s only gonna cost you eight dollars so I’m pretty broke days do I live here in California all I’m asking for is 20 bucks and I’ll give me the answer if it doesn’t work I’ll send your money back I’m a good guy and my word is solid if you already done took care of itGood day

Oh yeah and I forgot to add it’s been about 2 1/2 three months now and my car drives like a Cadillac

Are you still having this problem I think I have the answer and it’s very cheap I don’t know $@$* about cars and I did it myself for under $10 so if you’d like you could help me out by giving me 20 bucks and I will help you out and save you thousands

ep: 1

POSTED: JUST NOW OPTIONS

Wendy Fetterly will be eternally grateful.