Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

How do you hook up Bluetooth headphones to a Samsung smart tv?

John Grossman what model is your TV?

Hi John Grossman,

What is the model number of your TV?

Have you verified that your model TV does have the BT feature?

Mine is UN50KU6500 and i cant get it to recognise my bluetooth earphones (they are not samsung).

samsung un46d6003

@Danriv ,according to the specs, the samsung un46d6003 sf does not have Bluetooth from what I can see and I did not see anything about Bluetooth in the manual either.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

First and foremost thing you need to hook up your Bluetooth headphone is to check as if your TV is Bluetooth enabled TV or not. If it is Bluetooth TV, you can simply pair it to connect the Bluetooth and can enjoy the music in your headphone. Otherwise, you can use Bluetooth transmitter to connect to the TV. For connecting Bluetooth Transmitter , you can check the link:

http://transmitterreviews.com/how-blueto...

thanks - all set

Samsung 40 smart Led 40 F6400

My samsung tv have bluetooth that only for mouse and keyboard and not support bluetooth headphones.

Press the Home button on your Samsung Smart Control, to access the Home Screen.

Using the directional pad on your remote, navigate to and select Settings.

Select Sound Output to select your preferred sound output device.

Select Bluetooth Audio to begin pairing your Bluetooth audio device.

I have done this but there is no Bluetooth option found. There is no home button on my remote .

what is the model number of your tv?

Hi @maryloumolina

Here’s a link that shows how to connect to Bluetooth (BT) devices from the TV.

If it doesn’t work it may be that the headphones need to have the Samsung Soundshare BT facility. In other words you need to use selected Samsung BT headphones.

This is from the Samsung link above:

“This function is available for Samsung Audio Device supported the SoundShare function. Pair the Samsung audio device using the TV's Bluetooth function. Refer to the Samsung audio device's operating manual for more information on pairing”.

There are forums online that describe how to alter the firmware in Samsung TVs which have BT, so that it works with standard BT headphones, (non Soundshare supported), but it doesn’t work with every model Samsung TV only selected ones and then not successfully every time the TV is turned on.

The same with this ”fix”. If you read the comments it worked for a few but not for most (this includes your model series TV).

If you have the TV connected via HDMI or digital audio cable etc to an external sound system which has a BT feature, pair the headphones with it and not the TV.

Thank you for the quick response. I bought a samsung sound bar, which is bluetooth enabled, but it appears I cannot pair anything with it because it relies on the PN64F8500 bluetooth speaker function to pair. Since the tv doesn't have it I guess it will not work. The worst part is in order to hook up the soundbar, I needed to use the optical audio port which my husband was using previously for the headset he had and was working fine. I guess I'll just return the headphones.

Hi @maryloumolina ,

Your TV does have BT but it is an proprietary version by Samsung so that it will only pair with audio devices that have Soundshare listed in their specifications. These will be Samsung products only, but apparently not all Samsung audio products with BT have it

Since you can't pair the Soundbar to the TV it means that the soundbar doesn't have the Soundshare feature.

What is the model number of the Samsung Soundbar?

MM45/ZA is the soundbar number

Hi @maryloumolina,

Sorry. I can't find a cheap easy workable solution to your problem.

I agree it is annoying that manufacturers like Samsung make products that are not compatible with each other.

You could search for "soundbar that transmits BT to headphones" and hopefully do better than I did.

I found a soundbar (Sony HT-RT5) that allows you to either transmit the received sound to BT headphones or listen to the sound through the speaker system. It still won't connect to your TV via BT and you'll still have to connect to it via the optical cable, so it is slightly better EXCEPT for the price. They are not cheap, about $US1100. Although I did read about someone getting it for half price from Best Buy, but even then it is not cheap.

Thank you for all your efforts on this. I'm returning the headphones and will try to sort out if there is any way to have the headphones I already own and the soundbar connected to the TV. Hopefully, this will save my marriage :)

Thank you again.

Hi @Neeha Siddiqi

Here’s a link to the user guide for your model. Scroll to p.108 to view how to connect Bluetooth devices for the hearing impaired, i.e. BT headphones.

Be aware of the disclaimer in the manual:

“This function may not be supported depending on the model or geographical area.” so your TV may not have BT capability.

To verify what your model capabilities are go online and search for un65nu6950 user manual for your particular location (country)

Hi @Charlene Smith,

According to your TV’s User Guide, the TV has NO Bluetooth capability which would allow you to connect your earbuds.

You could connect a Bluetooth transmitter with a suitable connection to the TV's Audio out connection and then switch the TV sound to "external speakers" which would allow you to connect the earbuds via Bluetooth to the TV.

There may be a problem with the volume being too soft and not being able to be adjusted (depending on the type of Bluetooth transmitter selected) as normally the audio out connection is used with amplified equipment such as stereo speaker systems. If you have one of these with Bluetooth capability you could connect that to the TV and then connect the earbuds to the stereo system via BT. Just a thought.

Hi @lbm49,

Unfortunately if you can’t connect the TV to your BT headphones, then according to the user guide downloaded from this webpage, your TV may be subject to the following proviso, found under Listening to the TV through Bluetooth devices on p.98 of the manual :

“This function may not be supported depending on the model or geographical area”

Has the TV got the latest firmware installed?

According to the same webpage as above the latest firmware (Ver.1209.2) was released on the 31st Jan. 2019.

It your TV firmware is not at this version it well might be worth a try to update it and check if you get the Bluetooth feature for external speaker(s) function. That is not to say that the feature will be added with a possible update, given what the proviso above states

Double check your TV model number as installing the wrong firmware can “brick” the TV.

Alternatively, scroll to p.17 in the manual to view how to update the TV firmware via the internet. This would ensure that if there is an update available that the correct one will be downloaded and installed. That is if your TV is connected to the internet.

Use a bt usb dongle/dongel and enjoy

Use a usb dongel/dongle and enjoy

Hi @jess66 ,

This might not work as the TV might not recognize the dongle and switch audio to it.

123fake will be eternally grateful.