Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

Why is my iPhone 7 boot looping after a screen replacement?

So a few days ago i bought a used iphone online. It had a cracked screen but worked just fine. I ordered a new screen and replaced it. After replacing it the problems started to happen. It would continuously boot loop.

I've tried to restore it using itunes several times. Sometimes it worked, but i couldn't get past the "hello" screen as the home button doesn't work anymore... I had to turn it back off in hopes it would start at language selection screen. Unfortunately, almost every time it shuts off it would go back into a boot loop. I've tried reconnecting the old screen too, but it's still boot looping.

I'm wondering if this is a software issue or if it's a hardware issue. If it is a hardware issue, is it the screen that sends it into a boot loop or can it be due to something else?

Any help would be much appreciated!

A lot of things can cause boot-looping. However a clue in your comments is that when everything did work fine (sort of) that the Home Button didn't work. You may have slightly damaged the Home Button when you replaced the screen and migrated the Home Button over.

I would open up the phone and closely inspect with magnification the Home Button, especially the flex cable for any damage or tears. Follow this guide. I would also closely inspect the connectors for the screen assembly.

my iphone 7 turn on after several minutes with the new screen.. But with the original broken screen it work perfectly.. i dont know why this happend.. i need an original LCD.

Did you try updating your software? iOS 11 has had issues with replacement screens. The newer ios’s Is supposed to fix those issues. Put it in safe mode and update.

I have the same problem and I can not solve it. I replaced the screen of my iphone 7 and the phone started normally but the proximity sensor did not work. I then reopened the iphone to check the status of the sensor (believing it decentralized) when I reconnected the phone was restarted in loop. I purchased a new proximity sensor (front camera) and also with the new ever looped reboot. If I disconnect the proximity sensor flat the phone will start. What else can I check?

Jan Alexander Bjerke will be eternally grateful.