Released July 2016 as a budget smartphone, exclusively for Metro PCS, under model number Z981.

Two problems with a ZTE zMAX Pro

Two questions. first: getting a message unfortunately stock Android has stopped working. second: the touch screen doesn't respond correctly, sometimes it won't do anything then it'll do exactly what you don't want then all of a sudden it seems to work fine and then goes back to doing the same stuff doesn't respond correctly. (HELP)

What do I do to fix.

I have this problem too. ZTE isn't fixing anything.

What the heck is this? I keep getting this message and I keep ok-ing it but what can happen after ok-ing it a 100 times. Not happy!!!

I factory reset mine and it slowed both problems, but now the charging port is not working correctly. I have to constantly wiggle my charger around until it starts charging and then God forbid I touch it cuz it'll stop working again. ZTE used to be my favorite phone. This is my third and last one. I will never buy another one.

That is supposed to say solved both problems

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Most Helpful Answer

Have that zte pro what I did was find it in settings app then scroll till you find stock Android go into it Force stop it clear all data from it and then reboot working good now..

First hard reset the phones with keys.If the problem still same upgrade the firmware of the phones.Even on touch issues somehow software but that may be the hardware issue.Replace the touch can fix it.

I have both of these same problems and more but manly those two and all of my stuff is up to date and it still comes up the stock android message then when I press okay it goes back,to the app I was on before whatever I am on at the time I have restarted it many times doesn't work only this it does is make it a little longer time in between the pop ups for the message

I have this problem as well they gave me a new phone at Metro PCS and I have the same problem with the new one, must be something in their last software up date that's causing it. I'm going to live with it for awoke but if your phone is close to being off warranty I'd get the new one now or up grade to the bigger one.. James

I started having this problem. My phone froze up on the metro screen and wouldn't open. I had to do a hard reset and lost everything. Now, a few days ago it is going it again.

JW Mills will be eternally grateful.