Phone won't turn on

I have an iPhone 5s. It won't turn on it wi stay at the apple logo and then go blank and turn back on and go to a red screen with lines going through it. Even when it's on charge it does the same but as soon as I unplung it , it stays at a black screen Can anyone tell me what's wrong ?

There could be a couple of things here to look out for. Obvisouly, trying a new battery is the first thing to do. The 5S is an old device and the battery may be depleted. If a known-good battery doesn't solve the problem, then I would try to disconnect the FCAM/Sensor Flex as the proximity sensor can cause this type of issue. If disconnecting the flex works, then you can order a new one and replace it.

iPhone 5s/SE (1st Gen) Front Camera and Sensor Cable Image

Product

iPhone 5s/SE (1st Gen) Front Camera and Sensor Cable

$24.99

Hit the power button!

(Ha ha)

Likely you need a new battery.

danielle rose will be eternally grateful.