Repair guides and support for headphones inserted into the ear or ear canal, also known as earbuds, earpods and earphones.

Jabra Rox earbuds wont power on issue

hi there everyone.

I've had a pair of Jabra Rox Bluetooth earbuds for a while now and recently I've come across an issue which many people have run into. they just won't turn on!

so without being plugged into anything, the earbuds don't turn on at all. when you plug it into a wall/ computer the LED on the earbuds turn red (charging indicator) for 1 second for it then to turn green (fully charged indicator). while the jabras are plugged into my pc I hold down the turn on button for a few seconds. my pc then makes a ding noise indicating that the pc detects the earbuds. but from that still, nothing happens.

any ideas about my situation? I would love to hear them.

thanks in advance

~Finn

Jabra Rox Earbuds ^^

Hi Finn, did you manage to figure this out? Thanks

sounds like a potential battery issue, as with any batteries they will eventually fail. try contacting the manufacturer to see if it is covered under warranty.

i just purchased a refurbished pair of jabra rox earbuds from BuyDig. same problem. BuyDig kindly replaced the defective set. however, the replacement set had the same problem, namely charging lights (red to green) go on but nothing happens when pressing the multi-function button. i tried different usb charging sites. nothing.

i noticed this post on facebook and it seems this may be a rather common issue with these phones:

https://www.facebook.com/jabra/posts/101...

This Facebook post link takes to nowhere, could you please update it?

Seems the facebook link was deleted. The short of it was people would get phones that when plugged in to charge would immediately go from red to green. Although 'Green', the phones were not charged and they didn't turn on. I went through 2 refurbished sets like this before the 3rd one worked. One thing that was brought up was if the phones aren't used for an extended period the battery could die and no longer charge. So if you do get a set of these phones, use and charge them periodically to maintain the rechargeable battery. If you buy a refurbished pair where the battery can go bad from sitting on the shelf, buy from a reliable source, like BuyDig, where they will replace them if non-functional. Frustrating experience getting a working pair, but BuyDig did all they could to make it work. Good luck!

BTW, I do not work for, nor am I associated with, BuyDig.

Finnlay Worchurst will be eternally grateful.