The bottom Pentalope screws are not loosening

I'm having a hard time with the bottom 2 pentalope screws to loosen up. I have a ifixit tool kit and using the P2. The bit is not catching the screw head. I have done this before and I am trying to be gentle with it. Trying to do a screen and battery replacement. Those pesky pentalopes....

Would you believe I got them it with a finishing nail.... Happy!

They could of been stripped if they where cross threaded

this phone hasn't been taken apart before. Its like the P2 bit isn't large enough to grip inside to shape to turn. the bit turns and won't grip. Is there a way to get it to grip.... some ole school trick or something!

thats cool. but i did have the problem also. i purchased a repair part that came with tools and the p2 screwdriver was also to small. i used the set i purchased from ebay and they worked a whole lot better

Cara M Taylor will be eternally grateful.