External storage options by Seagate, usually connected by USB, available in many storage sizes and form factors.

Connection problems with my Seagate?

Hello, I currently own the seagate 1Tb backup slim plus. Recently, I was was working on revit and I moved my laptop just a little bit and because of that my disk was ejected. I got the usual prompt saying my disk was not ejected properly and said ok. However as I plugged it back in, the drive is not being recognized by my laptop (Mac). The disk is also making frequent high pitched sounds that occur I would say every 7 seconds. I think the problem is a connection problem bridging from the drive to the computer. It is also not being recognized by other devices. Any help or thoughts is appreciated thank you!

You should check the cable, look for kinks near the connector and also look for damaged contacts on the connector.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

Your description does sound like an unrecoverable hard drive failure.

If you need to have data recovered, it will be expensive.

The only thing you can do is check with Seagate to see if the drive is still under warranty, and replace the drive. If you think you plan to get data off the drive professionally, Seagate has an option to send you the replacement first so you can copy your data over, then return the broken one.

http://support.seagate.com/customer/en-U...

The high pitched noise is the write/read scraping your disk. at this point your data may not be recoverable. its also known as the "screeching sound of death" https://www.pcworld.com/article/2079508/... your data may be gone unless you fork some money over to a proffesional. even so they might not even be able to recover some or all of the data. Sorry Buddy.

C .Jole will be eternally grateful.