Motherboard components change help?

Im looking at changing the following chips between two matching iPhone 6s.CPU chip, Qualcomm baseband ic, nand memory chip, my question is after getting them both finished will i need programming tools? For each chip? When i first researched this it looks like you can just switch them and turn them on. Now I'm being told differently. Also I was just told I'm missing a piece. Yes this is for refurb of phones with iCloud activation lock. Clean imei not stolen

Based on what I see in the video he has the special equipment to see the chip turn on? And apart from that they were pretty regular tools based on what I've seen. Why are people surpressing the info

No one is suppressing any info. There are tons of videos showing how to micro-solder NAND's, Baseband and even CPU's. There are folks in Asia doing this daily using low-end tools and working on denim-covered "workbenches".

However, if you think this is straightforward...then go ahead and try it. Just make sure to report back to tell us how it went :>). You might want to read through this Q&A (Replacing fpc connector because touch screen is not working), especially the comments where this very issue is brought up and @arbaman bravely admitted that his first attempt on a much easier repair did not go well at all (with pictures to boot!).

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

Most Helpful Answer

See this video.

Hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-tbLa7e...

Well how do you know if one is clean? Anytime you buy one it seems they come up iCloud locked anyway once they are in working order. I'm mainly trying to find the easiest way to buy low, and refurb. If anyone is ok with going through this process with me or the easiest process available I'll be a diligent student. There are people that I can pay locally to solder the parts but it seems the are saying that they need all this extra equipment for the programming of these chips

It doesn't matter. It doesn't need to be clean. As long as those components are changed, reload the iOS, then it is no longer locked from my understanding.

@avanteguarde you need to read up on this a bit more ;>). The activation lock is at the server level. When the phone tries to activate, Apple looks to see if the code embedded in the CPU/BB/NAND/EEPROM is in a locked state.

If you transfer over those IC's and they were previously locked, it won't help at all. You need to transfer over unlocked IC's, hence my answer stating that this is a lot of work, possibly for nothing.

As for programming, you can't program the CPU so you need a matched set to start with.

@refectio I dont know. Last time I went to China, they said it didn't matter if both sets were locked or not. They explained when you swap, the server no longer recognizes it.

That's an awful lot of work to "remove" the iCloud lock. If you have a perfectly good logic board that is not locked, why not just put the whole logic board in the good housing? If it's just a memory capacity issue, you can upgrade just the NAND.

Don't be fooled by the apparent ease with which the tech does the swap in the linked video...these guys are insanely skilled and they have done this hundreds of times to be that good. If you have never done anything similar, you will not succeed on your first attempt.

yes as @refectio says if the board you suspect has no icloud is ok why not just use it

Hired a micro tech today by going through indeed last night just interviewed him

We start wed I'll be recording everything because the start up. With all the negative attention will bring revenue to the company via social media platform. I had also contacted Jessa at ihab rehab. she was very rude to me and refused to even say if this process works in theory because she wants to keep it to herself. If anyone says different I have the emails too. You'll never do unless you beggin to try. Do I think it's gonna be easy, not at all. Do I think the conquest is worth the plunder though? Your %#*@ straight. Some people want to do the easy things and that's why they will always receive the easy pay. Thank you so much ifixit for being unbiased in your pursuit for information. I'll post the video and id like this to he archived please? I learned all about this in a week but studying day in and day out. Thanks to you guys. If people don't want their methods taken by businessmen like me who appear and are willing to do the work. Stop posting videos jessa

@kramer928 just wondering how this all worked out for you and how it ended.

Kramer will be eternally grateful.