Why is my screen flickering?

So I ordered a new screen for my iphone 6 from ebay, I installed it properly but it doesn't work well. Everything else works perfectly fine, camera, sensors, speaker, etc, even touch screen, but some weird flickering and pixels appear all the time, plus the resolution seems way lower than it was normally on my iphone, the edges aren't sharp anymore on my screen. Do you think the screen came in faulty or did I do something wrong? Here are two photos I took of the screen just after replacement:

Hey, that's exactly what I did several times, all the cables are plugged in properly, or so I believe, that's my first time replacing a screen on an iPhone. Could it be my fault that I maybe pulled some cable too hard, bent it the wrong way or something?

There's no way to check with the original one as it broke all the way when my phone fell on the ground, the glass shattered and the lcd was only showing black screen with a couple places where pixels were just going nuts showing different colors and stuff.

I ordered a new one and it's supposed to come in tomorrow, if this new one doesn't work well too I can assume the pins on the motherboard are damaged and there's no way of fixing it right?

I have the same problem but when the phone is open there is no problem but when it is secured it always flickers

Most Helpful Answer

While you may have damaged the cables (flexes) during installation, just seeing the word "eBay" in your question is enough for me to say it is a bad quality replacement screen :>).

If you want to be certain, re-install your original screen (unless the LCD was completely damaged) and see if the picture quality is better. If it is, you have a dud screen.

That looks like a lcd cable that is not plugged all the way in or like a faulty lcd. Try and unplug it completely and plug it back in and see how it works. (make sure you disconnect the battery during this operation)

Adam Podwika (Niepoprawnie) will be eternally grateful.