Nvidia's new iteration of the Shield Tablet line. Released in November 2015, this tablet is optimized for gaming and runs Android OS.

Replacing screen on my own

I have an nvidia shield k1 tablet, i accidentally dropped the tablet the other day (even with a hard shell case cover surrounding it and now the screen is cracked. I've contacted tablet repair services in my area and apparently none of them have or can find parts to replace the cracked screen. Could someone instruct me on how to replace it myself? As that's likely what I will end up having to do, short of purchasing a new tablet.

Thank you for responding! I have contacted the supplier at the link you gave me. Armed with videos on how to replace the screen, I can head to a local tablet repair center and get that replaced for a low cost.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi @jaredkfan ,

Here is a link to the ifixit guides on repairing various parts of your tablet.

Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 Repair

They are useful as they show how to open the tablet so that you can gain access to the LCD screen.

Here is a link to a possible supplier of a replacement part.

Hopefully this is of some help

Jared Buck will be eternally grateful.