The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Can I use a heat gun to remove battery?

Can I use my heat gun to remove the battery? I accidently broke the left adhesive tab on the battery but the right came out fine. If so where do I apply heat?

Note: I do not have the magical iOpener

Just take extra precaution while performing it. I would put it on a mid-low setting, because those heat guns are pretty strong. If you want to be super cautious, which should be the case because it's a battery, keep untreated sand available in the event something happens during the process (pops, vents, etc).

As for where to apply heat, where the remaining adhesive is. The adhesive is elastic, so on the area where you have it removed use a playing card, or something similar, to feel out where the remaining pieces are.

hope this helps.

I think I have myself a solution!

https://meta.ifixit.com/Answers/View/352...

Aiden Baker will be eternally grateful.