The NutriBullet by the makers of Magic Bullet is a personal blender that is self-contained and simple to use. It includes an electric blender base with a number of attachments for the user and offers a healthy alternative to blending food by breaking down ingredients in their most nutritious states.

Cup stuck to base of NutriBullet

The cup of the magic NutriBullet is stuck to the base , can’t remove it

Actuators move up and down but can't remove cup. When I plug it in, it runs even though actuators are in upright position... Help!

My problem was that the bottom lid would not screw off of the nutri bullet cup.. Because no one could get it open I had left it be for two days. Day two I’m like let me wipe it down I’ll try opening it again if not garbage it goes.. While I’m wiping the cup down so I can get a better grip of it .. all you hear is BOOOOOM! The the back piece flys off knocks me in the head bounces of my head and flys in back of me knocking down the little bit of stuff I had on my counter. Long story short I ended up getting a deep gush in between the middle of my brows.. So just take caution just in case you might have the same problem as me..

Awesome. Easy remedy. Thank you.

Worked, thank you!

I tried my best, following these steps but couldn’t get it to separate from the base. After reading Shakara’s comment, I’m afraid it’ll explode and injure me. What do I do!!!

Just unstuck my nutribullet cup from base. One of the lips of cup went under white actuator. All I did was to use a small flat tip screwdriver turned the cup to make sure lip was directly under actuator, place screwdriver beside actuator and pry cup away from base lifting lip back over actuator. The job is done.

This worked perfectly! Thank you

This worked perfectly for me too

Thank you! Was about to send it back, but your advice helped. One note as I am slow, needed to push the activator out vs to the side. This worked, thank you!

I called them because it wasn’t working for me and they said put it on the floor push down with a lot of weight then twist it. It came right off. Thank goodness I wanted my smoothie

Thank you. I was seriously ready to dump the entire thing in the trash, smoothie and all.

Nothing would work for me not even the screwdriver suggestion above, so I called them. Gentlemen was very helpful and as soon as he told me what to do I said duh that makes sense. Just put it on the floor or a chair push down with a lot of weight and then turn it. Worked the very first time. It was just sticking because it must have gotten stuff slopped down the side where the little tabs are

Thank you thank you thank you - it worked

Wish I looked this up sooner. I threw mine out and got a new one :(

This worked! Thank you so much for sharing. I was getting worried I’d have to throw mine out.

THANK You...I was about to give up...but I placed it on the floor andnplaced my feet to hold it stable, pushed hard ,twisted and Voila...:)

Just did it!!! Worked the first time!

1. Unplug the unit
  2. Turn the unit upside down (with the cup still attached)
  3. As the entire unit is upside down, tap the top of the cup gently on the ground a few times
  4. Twist the cup counter-clockwise and it should pop right out

Just did this and it works

I put it on the floor, put the weight of my whole body to push down. It would NOT twist AT ALL, won't push down further either. Blender base, not cup, no lip to reach under with screwdriver. at least 1 of the white tabs is split so if it locks, it WILL NOT come out. usually with cups, I use screwdriver. No space between blender base and unit to pry with. TOTALLY frustrated. I have a cooking party tomorrow I need to prep for and now have no blender.

My experience from 2 broken Nutribullet is that the 3 mountings at the base of this cup,, that hold the motor breaks and then the whole unit hangs free and the spindle sticks to be base of the cup due to the heat produced by the 2 plastic parts rubbing against each other at high speed.

Nutribullet should look into making 4 mountings for the motor or they should make this part metallic. It is not able to withstand the torque motor produces when the large cup is filled to it capacity. It is a design fault that must be improved to make the product work longer and produce good results.

Worked for me but really needs a bit of a redesign

Force down twist the tips broken

I just got mine stuck. I think I filled it too much. It was sputtering out liquid. I’ve tried the two suggestions, the little screwdriver and placing it on the floor with all my weight and turning and it wouldn’t budge. Help? I just bought it last week!! I loved it!

Well - I did all the above and still nothing. Sooooooo flathead screwdriver in hand I may have voided the warranty but I gently pried the *&^%$# loose close to the where you put the bottom into the nutribullet and hey - it worked for me and I didn’t break anything. Yet. Glad I got to enjoy my shake but now leery of that happening again…

Thanks so much it took me and my fiancé and him stepping on it for it to finally untwist

The above solution just worked like a charm. After trying with the screw driver and using my strength to twist from the floor, I was incredibly frustrated. But turning the entire unit upside down and knocking the cup worked like a charm. Thanks!

All of the above worked. I thought it was a goner

None of the above are working - do you mean put the whole unit on the floor and twist or just the cup? The whole cup turns when I put it on the floor?

Not working for me, will have to call them

This just happened to me as well this morning. After reading through the list, I ran it under hot water for 30-45 seconds, rotating it around the seem between the lid and cup, dried it off, and ba bam, it unscrewed easily. I did notice the cup was nearly full. I have been making shakes with 6-7 large ice cubes, from a regular sized tray that holds 14, (not mini ice cubes), and then adding a banana, and milk, and keeping the milk below the full line… but when frothed up, it nearly filled the cup today, so i’m thinking I may be overfilling it a tad. I will be trying less product in the cup to see if that keeps it from over tightening… if it’s due to the vacuum effect. Good luck.

Ok, Just fixed this problem with my 1200 series thanks to this forum. The details: Just got new unit. Wife unknowingly used old base from our old 900 and it got stuck. Freaked out a bit initially and then, after some fiddling around, found this forum. Used the inversion and thump method which worked beautifully. Couple of points for future pilgrims: as mentioned above, put down a tea towel or similar. You will likely need to give it several thumps. They will need to be quite firm, but judicious. For me, I thumped three times and it just came apart. It was like magic because we could not get it to budge by twisting. Upon subsequent examination, the bases appeared identical where they engage with the unit so it seems that they should work interchangeably, but I found that the drive wheel on the older 900 series base showed significant lateral play compared to the new one and probably needs new bearing. I’m thinking this was likely contributory. Anyway, problem solved, peace and harmony reign once again. Thanks x 1000 guys.

Jesvin will be eternally grateful.