Why my iPhone 5s doen't open?
my iphone doesn't work.. just a black screen what can i do
Is this a good question?
The Apple iPhone 5s was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Silver, Gold, and Space Gray.
hey there! a black screen can be the cause of many failures.
1) first i would try a hard reset; Many software bugs come from an unclean cashe, and a hard reset will clean that out. this frequently includes a black screen. its not guarenteed, but it can help. in order to preform a hard reset, plug in your device, hold down the power button, along side with the home button for approximately 20 seconds, or until you see the apple logo.
2) Make sure your computer reads the device, and that the device is responsive; A large number of people will interperate a black screen as "not turning on" or vice versa. be sure your computer recognizes the device. if it does, then you can go forward with other repairs.
3) check for an image; when the backlight doesnt go on, the image becomes so dim, that it is easy to overlook an image being progected on the LCD. Hold a flashlight to the screen, and change the angles of it. the easiest part to see is white, so i suggest looking for the time.
3b) If you get an image, try touching up the solder connections to the backlight flex. these connections are located under a piece of black tape, above the LCD component inside the screen. Follow a Disassembly guide to get the screen off. there are plenty on this website for your device.
4) Replace the display; a large amount of screen failures are simply that. the screen went bad, and replacing the screen fixes this issue. follow a replacement guide to do this. there are plenty of guides for this procedure in the repair guide section of the website.
5) board level failure; should replacing the screen not get an image on your device, then this likely implies that you have a failure in the mainboard somewhere. this failure is usually related to the image proccessing circuit, and is unrepairable without excessive practice in a skillset known as SMT. IF you want to do this procedure, i can only suggest hiring a professional to do so, however, repairs on motherboards get extremely costly, and i would say it is likely, you will be able to replace the device for a similar cost.
Please try this steps for possible solution:
1 - Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer,
2 - Make sure your iPhone is updated with the latest version of iOS,
3 - Switch on your iPhone with a SIM Card from a non compatible network,
4 - Connect your iPhone to your computer using the Original USB Cable,
5 - Launch iTunes & wait until iTunes detect your iPhone,
6 - Now disconnect your iPhone and reconnect it after 10 seconds.
Past 24 Hours: 0
Past 7 Days: 0
Past 30 Days: 0
All Time: 54