Repair and disassembly guides for food cooling appliances including refrigerators, freezers and fridge-freezers.

How do I fix the Pc Er code on Samsun Refrigerator model: RF28HFEDBSR?

I have already shut the fridge off and reconnected the main wire harness to the door several times. The Pc Er code keeps flashing. The previous owner had this fridge replaced because it was under warranty and sold it to me. Do I need to replace the control panel?

You did the correct procedure, but the company don't tell what to do it that fails. Maybe @ladytech knows.

@jmicbyerly try to clear the code by pressing power fridge & power freezer for 8 seconds

I tried pressing power fridge and power freezer but it didn't work. Thanks for the replies.

Have you tried simply unplugging the fridge for 60 seconds or so and plugging it back in?

Yes, I tried that, thank you.

Removing the power from the appliance is not recommended for this error. The problem is usually a bad connection at the board. I have seen kinked communication tapes as well as damaged wires at the wire connections for the doors.

Thanks. I replaced the main board and disconnected/reconnected the door connections with no change.

The led panel does not respond to any touch combinations but ice is being made and dispensed but no water dispensing. I was going to try a replacement of the dispensing control panel next?

John S. If the user interface isn’t responding and all the connection to it are good than there’s your problem. A failed user interface. If the communication tape to the board isn’t to expensive you might want to replace it also.

I have ordered the dispensing control board and will see if that solves this problem.

John S- Did you check to make sure the touch pad isn’t locked? There is a child lock button that you hold for 3 seconds that locks the controls so children can’t mess with the settings.

Yes, I did. None of the touch pad selections respond individually or in thr various combinations. My replacement should arrive on Monday.

The error may be related to a communications problem between the display panel and the main board. Check the connections to ensure they are soundly connected. If this doesn't solve the error then you may want to call a service tech. likely need a new display panel

Jeff Byerly will be eternally grateful.