Announced in August 2017, the Galaxy Note8 is the successor to the recalled Galaxy Note7. The Note8 was made available to the public for purchase in September of 2017.

Note 8 Stylus is too sensitive

I've tried to get Samsung on this, and I've received nothing but run arounds. I'm finding that my Galaxy Note 8's stylus is too sensitive. It will keep registering that it is touching the screen after moving it away. Does anyone know of a software setting that could be causing the issue?

TL;DR: Samsung held my stylus hostage and told me the problem is all in my head.

Thank you all for those who have posted answers!

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

the Square is supposed to show up when it is about 1/4" - 1/2" away from the screen. if this is the case, itis normal.

however, it should not be writing on your notepad if you arent touching it.

if it is writing on your notepad, there is a calibration setting in the sensitivity menu.

Launch Bixby, say "Sensitivity Settings".

That is definitely not it! What comes up is the home button sensitivity settings

my stylus is working great not sure what your issue is. make sure to clean the screen first i bought one at sfelectronics and it works great

Hi, I definitely have this stylus problem but mine is not quite that sensitive. When I am trying to write certain words, it always added letters in the middle of my sentence...like "the" would be like "t he i ll". It sometimes finishes my sentence by splitting words up, then adding odd letters in between so it becomes impossible to decifer.

I have not contacted Samsung about it directly based on prior experiences.

I just looked in my settings and you should too....I believe somehow my Keyboard Gestures changed and I changed it to None. I have tried to attach the screenshots I took to assist in the matter but cannot and can't decifer why.

Thanks for your time!

...Robin

UPDATE: Making those changes really made a difference for me using my S-Pen / stylus and it having a mind of its own! Go into your settings and make sure GESTURE SWIPING is off! Best of luck...hope this helps (could not post screenshots!

The issue is moisture.

I had the same problem, the pen got wet while I was taking a photo in a pool.

The phone was fine the pen though got some moisture in it and started doing exactly as you describe.

I took the pen tip out and left the pen in a hot area (110f) for about 3 hours so the moisture evaporated, put the tip back in and problem solved.

Unfortunately Samsung sell waterproof phones with non.waterproof accessories!

Thankfully it's a quick and easy fix!

In the box you have a tip remover the problem is caused by crap in the tip which causes the s pen pressure switch to become sticky I pulled the tip out then in a few times to clear the sticking switch issue mine was caused by a cup of coffee not a good combo but now it's fine as I say remove and insert the tip of the s pen till it feels a little less sticky

Go to a local uBreakiFix and have them run a GD OQC on the device to fix the issue.

I know the answer to this problem. I removed apps, restarted a bunch of times and after speaking to Samsung support, who told me to do a factory reset, which I did :( The answer is…change your S Pen stylus tip. I went ahead and changed the tip and all of a sudden, the problem has completely gone away. Hope this helps you. I love my stylus and it not working was driving me crazy. Now everything is great on my Note…as usual.

Thank you for writing in. I'm glad that fixed your problems.

There is no way I am doing a factory reset on my cell phone. That is their answer to everything. I may try and change the tip of the stylus but my previous actions pretty much fixed my problem.

The answer is: change your Stylus tip. It was fixed after that.

Just tap your tip on something solid a few times and it should clear up the problem ,if it doesn't work the first time repeat this !

It was water in the stylus.

Dried it in the keep warm (not hot ) oven and it stopped glitching, the phone may be water resistant but the pen not so much.

Paul

Hi Paul! Sounds like a good explanation but it is not the answer to my problem. Glad it is working now!

Hey bud, not sure if you found a solution to this problem as I just ran into myself. I remember when I first bought my note 8 and I had the same problem with my pen. I thought it was just me trying to adjust to new tech! After awhile the issue went away and I realized, now that my pen just broke and I had to get a new one, that the issue is the tip. It needs to be adjusted through wear and tear for the stylus to be less sensitive when you’re trying to write something. I’m playing around with it now and it seems to be working.

Peter Pohler will be eternally grateful.