Released on March 3rd, 2017, the Nintendo Switch is a handheld that can be played on the TV or on the go.

Joycon/procontroller Bluetooth chip/antenna inside switch?

Hi all,

Long story short none of my Joy cons / pro controller work any further away than a few inches from the switch.

I sent the switch in to Nintendo without this issue and a joycon issue, however it came back where nothing will work wireless more an a couple of inches away from the switch joycons or pro. Nintendo wouldn’t repair due to a crack on the power button.

Could someone tell me where this is located within the switch please? As I’m assuming someone opened it and something isn’t connected/missing.

Thank you Alex :)

Will give it a go

Hi!

While I couldn't find a proper picture of the antenna placement on our teardown guide, there is a mention of antennae here at Step 10, perhaps you could tear it down until there and see if you can spot the antenna ZIF connectors.

Simon will be eternally grateful.