Guides for the Wi-Fi version of the iPad Mini 2. Announced October 22nd and released November 12th, 2013. The iPad mini 2, also known as the iPad mini with Retina Display, has all the pixels of the iPad Air in a smaller 7.9" form factor.

White Vertical Lines on the screen

My iPad was given to me last summer of 2014. Today, its been 3 years and still alive. No dents, or even a crack. But then last month when I woke up, the screen of my iPad just had some vertical white lines all over the screen! I don't know what to do. It just doesn't go away. When I use it in full brightness then make the iPad so hot, I lock it and open it up and the white lines are gone but when the iPad cools down and I would put down the brightness, the white lines would flash back again. What do I do now? Is it an LCD issue? I just recently bought a replacement LCD from iFixit and its on its way. I wish that would solve the problem.

Did I make the right choice? Any suggestions? A reply would definitely help me a lot.

I was wondering what the problem ended up being? I have the same issue but the problem comes and goes... my iPad has never been repaired and has no dents or cracks. One day the lines appeared and the entire screen seems whitewashed.

The LCD is where I would start. If you haven't opened up one of these mini's before then be sure to look through the guides on here for tips and locations of the sensitive components directly under the screen edge. Once you have it open and are ready to unplug the connectors, make sure you unplug the battery first. This will eliminate the possibility of blowing the backlight on the iPad. These mini's are infamous for backlight issues.

Is the LCD really damaged in your own observation? Should this be for replacement?

In my experience, this is NORMALLY a damaged LCD. That being said, be sure to test the new one before you completely install it. If its displaying the same lines on the new one, then its obviously something on the logic board like a failing backlight or imaging component. Was there ever any repairs performed on it, or was it ever dropped to your knowledge?

My iPad never had any repairs so it wasnt opened up nor it was dropped. How do I know if the logic board is actually the problem? I cant open ipads since I dont know ang I dont even have the tools. Maybe its just the lcd malfunctioning.

I dont think the backlight is the problem. My mini isnt dark or has some dark areas on the screen. My screen also does burn in whenever I watch a steady image. So I think the lcd really is the problem right?

Most Helpful Answer

one problem may be the lcd or lcd connecter so you should probably. replace the lcd

Gene Endrina will be eternally grateful.