Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

Why does my iPhone say searching or no service?

So a few weeks ago my phone just randomly lost signal and says searching or no service. I rested network settings and it worked for but a bit but I’ve taken the SIM card out, Reset setting, airplane mode, just about everything. Still doesn’t work, when I try to reset the network settings again I click reset and it will just sit there frozen I can exit out of the app but the phone doesn’t reboot. Everyone in my family still have data and Lte tho, if you know how to fix this please let me know!

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Most Helpful Answer

@jpatrick15 there is a manufacturing defect in the iPhone 7. Apple will fix the "No Service" for free. See if you are covered.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/02/appl...

I just read Apple is going to fix or reimburse anyone with the IPhone 7 that had that issue. Thank you.

If you have the right model. Apparently there are different model iPhone 7’s. I’m having the same exact problem but they told me I don’t have the model 7 that’s doing it.

Make sure you're running the latest iOS. I've had several customers with similar issues after some of the bug ridden iOS 11 updates. The latest should have those fixed.

I am updated to the lastest IOS, IOS 11.1

Have you had any repairs/services performed on the phone at all(prior to this issue)?

No I haven’t had any repairs prior

Assuming you've verified with the carrier that a new sim won't fix it, you may only have a restore as the last option. I've had multiple customers with weird issue throughout the new updates, but they were normally resolved once the new version rolled out

Just bought a phone I phone 5 c and i putno2 sim in was ok for hours then is Said no net work reset it and it is saying searching been like this for ages what can I do

Go to Settings --> General --> Reset --> Reset Network Settings. Then try connecting it to a PC or Mac with iTunes installed. Then do a backup and then restore.

Try this i think it will help

Check your coverage area. Make sure that you're in an area with cellular network coverage. ...

Restart your iPhone or iPad. Restart your device. ...

Check for a Carrier Settings update. ...

Take out the SIM card and put it back in. ...

Reset your Network Settings. ...

Update your iPhone or iPad. ...

Contact your carrier.

Check your phone number, it may be a hardware issue. Apple now repair the iPhone 7 no service issue for free. More details here:https://www.apple.com/support/iphone-7-n...

Yeah I said that already.

Do you know how long it’ll take for them to do it??

Just yesterday my phone started doing the same thing I tried everything I knew by resetting it and turning the phone off and back on taking out my sim but nothing worked. So I called my carrier to see if the towers was down or if they could fix the problem I was on the phone for over an hour with them. So, I ended up calling apple it turns out that some of the IPhone 7 that has failed on the main logic board. So they told they told me they would replace my phone free of charge. I would give apple a call as soon as possible so they can fix it. These are the model numbers that seem to be having this problem. I hoped this helped you.

Model number Country/Region

A1660, A1780 China

A1660 Hong Kong Macao U.S. (includes Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands)

A1779 Japan

How long did it take?

I have an iphone 5 and about a week ago, it lost cellular connection and kept "searching". I did not drop the phone or anything that would cause it to stop working. I tried all of the potential fixes that apple recommends short of a factory reset. I even took it to a Verizon store and they tried a different sim card and many of the things I already tried with no luck. They pretty much told me to up-grade to solve the issue. I decided to make sure it was backed up and take the phone apart. About a year ago, I bought a battery replacement kit online, so I had the suction cup and all of the tools to take the phone apart. While the screen was removed, I unhooked the battery and the cellular antenna and then plugged them back in a few minutes later and reassembled. When I turned the phone back on, I now have cellular connection. I don't know if it would work on your phone, but it might be worth a try. It saved me from a factory reset and/or replacing the phone. Good luck!

Josh Patrick will be eternally grateful.