Released November 4, 2017. Model A1865, A1901. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / Silver and Space Gray.

Using mophie charge force vent mount

I currently use 5 charge force wireless charging bases of mophie along with the charge force battery case around my iphone 7.

I'd love to keep using these charging bases with my iphone x. Charging is no problem but magnetic holding and automatic positioning did not work. I've already found a solution so that the iPhone x stays on the wireless charger: I placed 2 metal rounds between the back of my iphone x and the original iphone x leather folio.It hangs on the charging base and charges but automatic positioning does not work. I suspect that in the original battery case, 4 round magnets are built in to enable automatic positioning. My question: Has anyone ever disassemble a charge force battery case from mophie to know the exact position and size of these magnets ?

I already found a shop where you can buy these magnets in all sizes but I think the size and position is important to not disturb the wireless charging

Zie de foto’s in bijlage

Most Helpful Answer

You shouldn't need to open the case to locate the magnets inside. A bunch of small steel washers should do the trick lay them out on the surface and shift the battery side to side, the magnets should grab them and then you can mark the placement with a marker through the holes.

thank you Dan, I did something similar, I put up a sheet of paper and sprinkled iron filings on it. so I already got a good idea of ​​the location but not the size and whether there were 1 or more magnets. In the end, I could not resist the temptation to look for the location of the magnets. I made a hole in the back of the casing and found the first magnet, square 10 to 10mm, the next along the width with a gap of 4mm and another configuration 54mm further along the long side

Ernest Vankrunkelsven will be eternally grateful.