Won't let me end calls

Hi my IPhone 6s has a problem where if I make a call the screen goes black, if I press the home button the screen come back on shortly but it won't let me end the call with the red end call on screen. I have to reset by holding down the power button and home. Everything else seems to work ok.

Sounds like you have a proximity sensor problem! How long have you had this phone? Did you buy it new or used? Has the screen been changed on it?

I believe the sensor to detect if it is up to your ear is out of position and always detecting something in front of it. Solutions could be to align the sensor correctly, or if the assembly is bad, to replace it.

Good luck!

Hi it was the third party screen that's the problem, any idea why it would do this ? Any fix?

That can be common - Did the replacement screen come with the front camera and speaker installed? It is not un common for the sensor to be aligned poorly, or there is a possibility that the sensor assembly is defective.

Some things you can try- if you are curious enough

Remove the front camera lightsenor/prox flex cable, and test it off of the screen with your finger - to see if it activates. You might need 3 hands to do this though! and do be careful not to put any stress on the ribbons/connectors or you could cause some pretty serious damage.

If it works - then it was most likely an alignment issue and the sensor is blocked by the screen

If it doesn't work, then it is a faulty front camera flex

Here is a walk through on how to take the flex assembly out.

iPhone 6s Front-Facing Camera and Sensor Assembly Replacement

And here is a new one if yours is bad!

iPhone 6s Front Camera and Sensor Cable

Good luck :)

Hi the problem was the screen, any know why the screen would do this?

Daneil will be eternally grateful.