Repair guides for Android cell phones manufactured by Kyocera.

Disassembling the Hydro Reach?

I dropped and damaged the screen of my Hydro Reach and determined that I need to replace the LCD digitizer. I found one on ebay.

But I have NO CLUE how to go about actually assembling that if and when I order it. When you open up the back of the Hydro Reach, it is fully covered with only access to the SD and Sim cards. The battery is enclosed inside. So, there's no obvious screws with which to open up the back.

I've searched high and low for guides on this specific phone and have only found ones for the other Hydro's that do not have this enclosed design like the Reach.

Please help!

Most Helpful Answer

Well, I don't know if you're still needing it. With the Hydro Reach, you need to remove the screen assembly first. Much like the J series Samsung messaging phones. Under the screen are the connectors for the digitizer and LCD with no brackets, so it's pretty straight forward. Once the screen is lifted, the connectors are long flex cables that plug into the board at about the mid point, halfway down the device so you do have a bit of wiggle room to get the screen up and unplugged. Then just plug in the new assembly, adhese it down, and you're good to go!

This is a pretty worthless "answer". Yeah, we need a straight forward screen lift.

Your general answer was cool and easy to comprehend, but I need more specific detail on how to remove the screen assembly. I see NO APPARENT way to lift or remove it. I don’t want to damage my phone. Simply need to get to the charging port so I can replace it. Can you or anyone else help. Please! Pastor P.

Rachel Shepard will be eternally grateful.