Released in March 2017, the Moto G5 Plus (model number XT1687) includes a 12.0 megapixel rear camera, a 5.2 inch screen with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, and the Android 7.0 (Nougat) operating system.

Why is my touchscreen not working?

My touchscreen isn't responding anymore. I've tried restarting, but it won't register my clicks.

An unresponsive touchscreen could be caused by a setting issue. To check this possibility, go to settings, then display and deselect automatic brightness. Make sure that the screen brightness is set above 10%. If the screen is still unresponsive after you have deselected automatic brightness, you may need to replace the screen.

how exactly does one go to settings if the touchscreen does not work?

Hi sir, Did you drop your phone before? If yes, the touch screen flex cable maybe loosen, then you can try open it and reconnect it. Here is a link for tear down Moto G5 Plus, which shows you how to open it. And also, here is a link of OEM LCD Screen for G5 Plus.

There's a lot of things that could be happening in this kind of situation. Here's a trick if it's a software issue. If it's a hardware, then you're gonna have to get that screen replaced.

Firstoff, power off your phone. Then hold down your power and volume down key.

In a moment, you will see a dead android on his back, accompanied with some menu options. Use the volume keys to navigate, and the power key to select. Select Recovery Mode.

From there, select Wipe Cache.

After that, select reboot/restart, and your device will restart normally. Hopefully, it'll work.

No, the touch screen is still unresponsive

This would appear to have bricked my phone - DO NOT TRY THIS.

I now have a dead android above the words "No command" and screen, buttons, everything is unresponsive.

At the "no command" screen hold power and briefly press volume up.

The dead android, as stated above, is normal for any android device going into recovery mode

it isn't working and after doing this procedure once when i try to do it again my phone is rebooting... i've force rebooted tons of times.. it still ain't working

Moto E4 puls

touch not working

Gabriel Malestein will be eternally grateful.