Released September 22, 2017. Model A1864, A1897. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / gold, silver, and space gray.

Is the glass on the iPhone 8 plus rear camera replaceable?

Is the glass on the rear camera of the iPhone 8 plus replaceable? Do you have to replace the entire glass back or is the small glass protecting the rear camera removable like the iphone 7s plus? thanks!

Most Helpful Answer

Yes it's pretty much the same as the previous gens. Will be difficult to find the lens though :/

Difficult repair however! Super hard to get that factory seal, which just leads to dust and dirt behind the lens which will ruin the camera quality. I would go to apple first to see if they have a reasonable solution for it.

do you have any comment about this? it´s possible to get that factory seal??

It is replaceable but is hard to replace it.

It is replaceable difficult to remove best way is heat it up and remove it carefully.

To be honest, i didn’t find it that hard. First remove camera from inside. Then heat up the glass en try to poke it with a flat screwdriver. Then try getting all the glass parts out. You can reheat it sometimes (makes it easier). When all the glass is removed, use a cotton bud with some nail polish remover to remove all the glue from before. After that you just need to put in a new glass, and afterwards the camera and the screen again…and done

You should take your time, and be a careful but it’s okay to do!

I hope I could help

Jimmy P will be eternally grateful.