Corrosion on Logic Board help
Got an ipod off ebay that was dead and cracked digitzer. Opening it up everything looks pretty much ok apart from two small capacitors/resistors? See the pics attached, should be fairly easy to see. not sure if this was caused by water or if they are caps they might be leaking/exploded.
I have a new battery but apprehensive about putting it in as dont want to ruin it if the board is faulty.
I do have some iso alcohol and have tried rubbing it off but not much avail.
Some people have said they dip the whole unit in it, would this help?
Unrelated, but I have noticed that under the cables running from the top board to the lower one is a silver paste. Is this thermal paste and if i get the unit working again should i put some more down. I have some arctic silver from my imac.
forgot to add links..
Is this a good question?