The Nutri Ninja is a personal blender by Ninja Kitchen. This blender has no buttons: it starts blending when you insert the cup into the base. It is 900 watts.

Why does the blender get loud and smell?

The blender started being much louder and there is a burning smell coming out of the base. Where should I start if I want to fix it?

Should I order any parts? Or can I just maybe grease it somewhere?

I have a Ninja BL685 that emits an odor when mixing smoothies. How do I FIX?

@hornikmartin those blenders really do not use any amount of grease etc. I suggest that you take it apart using these guides Nutri Ninja BL450 Repair Then check the bearing on the motor and check for any visible damage. You can always post some images of what you find with your question. That way we can see what you see. Use this guide Adding images to an existing question for that

The smell was awful and I thought I'd try something before it either burned up the motor or I had to pay$30 to replace the blade mechanism. It didn't spin like it should and was taxing the motor. I took the o-ring out from between the edge to clean it (gross!) then soaked the entire thing in hot vinegar water. Now if you hold the black edge, you can spin the blade easily. Fixed !

Submerging it in water didn't break it? I am worried that after soaking it, it will not work right.

No just the blade mechanism, not the motorized part.

My Ninja base with the blade assembly did this. Apparently food must get caught in the mechanism. I soak the blade assembly in hot water with vinegar occasionally. The blade moves easier and spins better now.

hornikmartinrepair will be eternally grateful.