Parts & Tools

The Motorola Moto Z Play (model number XT1635-02, XT1635-01 and XT1635-02) is a droid smartphone that was released in September 2016. The Moto Z Play can be easily distinguished by the word “moto” placed at the top and the square home button placed at the bottom of the front of the phone.

Constant System Updates notification

Every since I purchased my phone 3 months ago, I get System updates notifications on screen. If you accept and download and install, within minutes it will tell me I have a new update. How do I turn this off?

Me too that's why I'm here looking for an answer!?

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Since it's asking you to update you have downloaded the update that enables you to upgrade. Under the "Download" tab scroll down until you find "Motorola Update Services" and select it. You'll have three options at the top, "Force stop, Uninstall Updates and Disable." Select "Disable." It will then prompt you "Delete data and disable app?" Select "OK." It will then ask "Do you want to replace this app with the factory version?" Select "OK." You will no longer be asked to upgrad

Where is a download tab?

Settings>apps>download

Do I then need to enable the Moto app again once I have returned it to factory setting?

My phone e5 (1 month old) is continuosly asked (every 2 days) to update 27.91-176-1-9 even though it has uploaded a later version.

Had same problem with Motorola e5 play constant security update, phone is up to date but would give me annoying pop up on screen so I went to settings security&location scrolled to the bottom, selected apps with usage access then Motorola notifications and clicked on permit usage access and turned it off. No more aggravating security update. When you want to check for update do it manually. Same security and location select security update and check for update and do as prompted.

Thank you so much, problem quickly solved!

Yippee! It worked. Thanks!

Thank you so Much!!

I go to settings, apps, there is no downloads on my list

There are three dots in top right corner when your in apps click and click show system. You should see downlaods then.

I can not find this i have some motorolacapps but none named update services. I also dont have 3 dots. Amdroid 8.0.0

I clicked the 3dots and show system then I scrolled down and saw download manager and downloads

In the last 2 year I encounterted endless intolerable Constant System Updates notifications which were ended with failure any time I agreed.

To be more accurate, my phone is Motorola Moto g 4th generation (XT1625, MPJ24.139-64 (android 6.01) Amazon edition).

Motorola/Lenovo suppport team did not answer my requests and non of the alternatives offered in the internet helped me.

Every once in a while I tried to find a solution and here is a workaround I found this week:

If you follows the instructions of dosangst in “'''Moto G Amazon Edition - Remove app that displays ads with one simple command'''

and replaces the adb shell command

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.amazon.phoenix

with

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.motorola.ccc.ota

you will cease the update notifications!!

Further explanation: com.motorola.ccc.ota is the system/programmer name of “motorola update services “ which you see if you go to Settings>>Apps & notifications>>3 dots (Top right corner)>>Show system>> ( Scroll down) till you get "Motorola Update Services app".

Notice thuogh that this is only a workaround of the real problem (of failing to upgrade your firmware)

and that you will not get a firmware updated to the newer versions (of android 7 - Nougat and so on).

HTH

Guy

I actually figured out my issue. We purchased my phone directly from Motorola. As such when I received my phone it did not come preinstalled with all the updates.

After like the 6th one I realized they were different and just continued to allow them. After like the 20th update it was finished.

Thats what i figured might be going on with mine, I'll just keep at it. Thanks.

None of this worked for me. I'm still getting a full screen security update notification interrupting my phone about every 2-5 minutes. Neither Motorola support nor my provider (T-Mobile) were able to help (pauses to laugh at the idea of TMobile CS being helpful). I disabled Motorola notifications and restarted my phone. I got an update notification as soon as it powered back on. I really couldn't care less about this update, and want the notification to stop. This has to be some kind of harassment. Edit:. When I go settings>apps> there is no three dots button on that screen. Is there another way? Motorola/Android/TMobile phone.

Are you sure it's the same update? I purchased my phone directly from Motorola. Because of that none of the updates were installed on my phone.

It took like the 5-6th time before I realized each update was different. After like the 12th or so one it finally stopped and had gotten all the updates.

Yes, it's the same exact thing every single time, I would know, seeing it constantly :( People keep saying to disable something called 'motorola update service' but I don't have the same interface as others, so am not sure how to follow the steps. I can go to settings>apps& notifications, but I don't have a 3dot button on that screen or an option to 'show system apps', so I get stuck there. I went into my app list, and there wasn't one called 'motorola update service' in the list? So I disabled Motorola Notifications instead, with no discernable effect. I'm still getting the update nonsense plus regular notifications.

I have the exact same problem, and it's for the security update from November. long press the notification in the notification bay and select settings in blue. it'll take you to Motorola update services. for some reason disable button was disabled for me, so I tried force stop. upon restart I got a flash of the update screen but I home buttoned away from that $@$* and now it seems to be gone. hope this helps!

no….sorry folks……none of the above. Mine is a Motorola e5 Play same bulls****t. Tried it all very frustrating. I tried the 25 times an idiot approach & still nothing. Motorola Update Services app? Frozen buttons no choices. Threw the phone into the shredder & that worked :-)

encio

Charlie will be eternally grateful.