Valve Specs and how to adjustment
I need to know the valve specs for this engine and how to adjust the valves?
Is this a good question?
@papasmurf1 valve clearance with valve springs installed and piston 1/4in (6mm) past top dead center (check when engine is cold):
Intake.............0.003-0.005 in. (0.08 - 0.13 mm)
Exhaust..........0.005-0.007 in. (0.13 - 0.18 mm)
Valve Clearance Adjustments
Adjust Valve Clearance
Valve clearances should always be adjusted on a cold engine.
1. Remove the valve cover.
2. Rotate the crankshaft in the normal direction until you get to TDC (Top Dead Center) of the compression stroke.
3. Insert a narrow indicator (screwdriver or small rod) into the spark plug hole against the piston to indicate piston movement.
4. While watching the indicator, rotate crankshaft clockwise (CW) past TDC until piston is 0.25 in. (6mm) down from TDC.
This is to prevent the compression release (if equipped) from affecting adjustments.
5. Loosen the jamb nut on the rocker arm.
6. Insert the proper feeler gauge. While moving it back and forth, carefully tighten the adjustment screw until a slight amount of resistance is felt on the feeler gauge
7. Tighten the jamb nut without moving the adjustment screw Fig. 46, 47, 49, 49.
8. Rotate the crankshaft through a few revolutions and recheck the clearance.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 0
Past 7 Days: 1
Past 30 Days: 6
All Time: 32