Repair guides and support for the Nikon DSLRsD800 and D800e.

How to replace the CF and SD card slot?

one of the cf card pins is bent, and i want to remove the reader to straighten the pin.

I'm also looking for instructions on how to replace CF slot. Did you find any tutorials online?

Most Helpful Answer

My SD card was OK... but the CF pins were bent inside the camera.....I manufactured my own tool from a small round skewer, like you use for Olives in a Martini... I was able to straighten the pin(s) and then I also had to fix the female slots in the Card(s) by reaming them out and removing any anomalies that might catch and bend the pins again. So far so good. Be very careful with the pins.. if you snap on off... then I suggest sending the camera to authorized Nikon repair facility.

Thanks for reply, I will do that as my pins in CF slot were bent too. Its really hard access but I will try to make a tool. If all else fails I will probably do the disassembly and replace the whole part if I can get my hands on a spare one - they really hard to buy in UK. Thanks again for quick reply.

take a look at this:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/1567431@N2...

ebanks_samantha will be eternally grateful.