My DVD player is not reading disc

Why is my DVD player model LGHT953TV not reading the disc, it keeps ejecting the disc after a while !

What can I do ?

AbdulRasheed lawal this could simply be an issue with a dirty laser. I'd try a commercially available lens cleaner unit and run it a couple of times. IF that does not work you need to consider opening up your DVD player and either changing the lens assembly of even dig deeper after that. It could be Laser control IC issue which would require special test instruments (oscilloscope) and have the skills to troubleshoot on that level.

Nice my DVD is working now ! Thanks , response solved my problem

For me I have the same issue and it reads some films ok but not others. It reads audio cds without any problem

any thoughts

just to clarify it is a LG HT503

Are these 'films' all on 'commercially made' discs?

If so are they new or rented?

If rented are they scratched at all?

No offense but they aren't BluRay discs are they, as these discs are not supported by your player. ;-)

Sorry for slow reply. All discs are legit and no BluRay discs :) The film in question is also pretty new and had probably only watched it 2-3 times so no scratches

I read the thread and about cleaning the sensor, but I don't have a disc cleaning cd, so decided to try something else. I have an anti-static cloth for wiping my computer screen and I wiped the DVD with ti and it worked immediately. Not tried it with other discs yet - so we will have to see.

If an anti-static cloth is the solution it goes down as a really easy fix!

Thanks for taking time to respond :)

Hi

If it does work with the other discs, post your comment as a new answer, then submit it as an update. to your original 'answer'

I'll vote it up as it is a good answer.

One for the memory bank.

Cheers.

AbdulRasheed lawal will be eternally grateful.