A powerful, bagless, upright vacuum cleaner part of the DC-series released in 2009. Its model number is 15804-01.

Why does my vacuum shut off in upright position?

My vacuum stops working when I want to use the wand to suck stuff up. It work fine when vacuuming carpets.

Hi Alw,

The vacuum is likely shutting off because the safety switch is being activated. This can happen when suction is lost or something is preventing the beater bar from rolling. I would suggest flipping the vacuum over and removing the big plastic screws. Clean the beater bar (the cylinder with bristles) and try to see if it fixes the issue.

It works fine including the beater bar when vacuuming the carpet. As soon as you put the vacuum in the resting (upright) position the whole vacuum stops i.e. Starts right back up when you recline the handle. This makes it impossible to use the wand.

It sounds like you may have a clogged hose or a broken selector wheel. Please check the hose for anything blocking it and if it is clear take a look at the video below for the selector wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWtiRXkB...

The beater bar doesn’t spin in the upright position.

alw will be eternally grateful.