Repair and disassembly guides for food cooling appliances including refrigerators, freezers and fridge-freezers.

What's the coldest setting

Mine shows a picture of a thermometer with numbers 1,3,5,7,9 . Which would be the coldest?

brand & model number?

Model # would be helpful. Higher number is generally colder though! The picture of the thermometer with a high number would be confusing, however.

Higher is colder. Suggest to set it in the middle at first. after 2 days adjust it up or down if needed. It takes about 2 days for the refrigerator to reach the new temperature setting.

What is the optimal refrigerator setting and freezer setting? Just for my own info. I tend to get it to low and my eggs freeze.

Also is this time time of year I need to adjust because the ambient temperature of the house is dropping

Hello Mayer - 36* and 0* you can raise fresh food section to 38*. It takes 2 days for it to reach the new temp.

Most Helpful Answer

Usually the higher the number the colder the setting.

daclewis will be eternally grateful.