Error i20 after several drain attempts

Electrolux Dishwasher ESF66860WR

When I start any washing program the drain pump starts running several times for about a minute, then it shows error i20.

Drain pump itself works perfectly, if I add some water in the machine it goes away. I've opened the drain pump just to check, it is clean and looks OK.

I guess there should be water level sensor which may become dirty, but I can't find it.

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

Thanks in adance for any help!

Hi D. Bagaiev, I have same problem with you. Can you deactivate the sensor that you say above. İf yes pls explain me how is it? Thans.

@kadir52 same make and model dishwasher? Same error code?

Yes the same error and code.

Dmytro Bagaiev the i20 fault code means there is a problem with the drainage time of your dishwasher. Double check the hoses leading to and from the drain pump. Make sure that there are no clogs or other obstruction which may prolong the drain time and check the drain valve.

Hi! Thanks for an answer! I've checked the whole drainig pipeline and it's clean including the valve. Any water added to the machine is drianed out in seconds.

If it drains when you add the water that would mean that your water level sensor works as well. Wonder if you have located that yet.

It drains in any case whether there is water or not. The problem is that it can drain, but it does not stop. Could it be that level sensor just signalize that there is still water in the machine? In this case it would indeed not stop draining. I will try to unplug the sensor. Do you know if it will stop drainig and start washing cycle as if there is no water in the machine?

For me I20 error was a faulty pressure sensor. I paid a technician $300 to find the problem and replace the pressure sensor. When he removed the sensor he showed me that it was full with food and dirt. I asked him if we could just open it up and clean it but he said that the sensor was very delicate and it’s glued together so it was almost impossible to open it up and remove the dirt. So he replaced it. Like I said that set me back $300. A year passed and the same problem happened again. So I gave it a go. I flipped the dishwasher sideways remove the sensor and try to clean it with a toothpick. Not good enough. I could only remove what was visible and not what was inside the sensor. I use my water flosser which is a pressure washer for your teeth. It worked. A lot of black stuff came out. I also clean the old sensor that I had from the first repair. Dishwasher works like new. :)

Image of sensor

https://goo.gl/images/RkxM1s

Dmytro Bagaiev will be eternally grateful.