Repair guides and support for the EOS 70D, a DSLR camera released by Canon in 2013.

BrokeN hot shoe repair

My hot Shoe has broken off my camera. Is there a way to replace it so my flash will stay attached?

Yes you can repair it! Canon is one of the few camera companies that has a dedicated repair parts hotline. You could literally call them, ask for a part and they'll let you buy it in the same phone call. You don't have to be a a certified retailer or supplier or technician. You don't have to go through a 3rd party. They really should get more credit for this.

Have your camera model number ready and describe them the part you need.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/porta...

I have personally called them for a 5D mark II viewfinder optical component because I foolishly used alcohol to clean the back of the viewfinder. The alcohol turned the plastic viewfinder lens opaque and rendered it useless. The genuine canon part was ~$32 after shipping. It came to my door within 5 days and I spent less than 5min on the phone ordering it.

Good luck!

Angee Randolph will be eternally grateful.